12.16.2005

(n)ice storm

Day off due to ice storm. Just walked Langston in the sleet. It is gorgeous out there. A tree snapped in half and crashed down just off in the distance. An awesome site to see a large hemlock falling. The sounds it makes.
 
A received list:
  • From Portable Press at Yo-Yo Labs: Bob Harrison's Mola, IIjima's from AWARE, Colleti's Physical Kind, Mattison's Statistician, and other assorted goodies. Amazing stuff, thanks Brenda.
  • Of a Free Town from House Press. I had zero familiarity with Luke Daly and Barrett Gordon's work, but that has now changed. I look forward to reading more of their work and seeing what's next from House Press.
  • The latest Tolling Elve, which means I'm due to renew for the last hurrah of these. You should know about these.
  • 4 x 1 . Thanks for sending this Chris. The opening line, "I read to write." Got me already.
  • A wonderful scan of Max Ernst compliments of Kate Greenstreet.
  • Mark Lamoureux's Another Night. It is difficult to believe this is his first Cy Gist Press publication. It is immaculate.
  • Bramble by Joseph Massey. Thanks for the signature Joe. Massey includes only what is necessary, yet still remains generous. I can't wait to work on Property Line with him.
  • Abecedarium. If you missed out on this little gem from Maureen Thorson you should be rightfully kicking yourself.

I think that is just about everyone. Things have been hectic so I haven't been doing due dilligence in mentioning these, I'll be more conscientious about this. & if I forgot anyone who has sent me something recently, remind me what a shit I am for not saying so.

A pot of tea. A fire in the fireplace. The woodstove stoked. Spat with mail carrier, hopefully resolved. Archie leaping in and out of a large box. This is good. Hope your day is going well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home