9.22.2005

this weekend

Among other things:

  1. Selecting, de-stemming and crushing grapes, then pitching a yeast with hopes for 30 gallons of wine 6-12 months later. I will play John Fante's father, ala Full of Life, keeping watch in the basement, worrying about how the wine will turn out. I'll keep you posted if it is good news. Ask and maybe I'll send you a bottle if it turns out worthwhile.
  2. Splitting and stacking another 1/2 chord of wood.
  3. Pounding my desk as I do more InDesign work.
  4. Sending out poems to interested parties.
  5. Writing poems because fall warrants it.
  6. Reading poems because I have too many unread books on my shelves.
  7. Feeling up poems because I'm desparate and filled with hunger.
  8. Making future travel plans before cabin fever is fully aflame.
  9. Walking Langston, with Archie in tow being the least well dressed of the trio.
  10. Watching the Red Sox rise again from the ashes on broad back of Ortiz and the arms of their younger pitches.

3 Comments:

Blogger richard lopez said...

like the thought of feeling up, groping, poems, as little bodies with so much sensuous details. and pardon my ignorance, but what is inDesign, software for making chapbooks?

3:24 PM  
Blogger Jess Mynes said...

Yeah, InDesign is an adobe program that lets you do lay outs, in this instance for manuscripts and chapbooks. It is fairly user friendly, but just enough not so, to be frustrating.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Jess Mynes said...

Yeah, InDesign is an adobe program that lets you do lay outs, in this instance for manuscripts and chapbooks. It is fairly user friendly, but just enough not so, to be frustrating.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home