6.24.2007

Just returned home from a couple of days at the home of Aaron T and Wendy H. They have a really fantastic place in the remotes of Ithaca. & their dog is an absolute charmer. The three of them and their three cats were gracious hosts to myself and Langston. It was great to see them both and to talk poetry with Aaron. He is an infinite source of inspiration, his keen ear has reopened a project of mine. & he handed off a couple of new series that I hope someone has the good sense to publish. Terrific stuff. I also briefly met a woman who absolutely captivated my attention, and I'm a tough sell. Of course she is five hours away, so that doesn't mean much.

Upon return I see how obscenely high the grass and weeds of my lawn are. Luckily my generous friend has a new lawn mower and I can have at it. Also I'm assuming the 50 or so tomato plants will need staking, suckering, and tying. One of my least favorite activities because I am allergic to tomato plants. The worst downside is a promised completed task remains unfinished, but I suspected that would be the case. Ugh.

Drinking a cider from this year's batch to unwind and listening to this. Rarely am I up this late, so this is kind of nice.

In other news, Katalanche Press is publishing me manuscript, If and Whenwhich is essentially a sequel to birds for example. & Anchorite Press will be doing a second printing of In(ex)teriors. & I've finally settled on a title for the Rothko poems mss. after several false tries.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It was our pleasure! Glad to help w/the Dreadfuls. & you're too kind.

I'm finding I like Raw Power noticeably less than Fun House. Wendy feels the opposite.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

If you want more Stooges, these two clips might possibly be of interest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj9EpMXarrY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxH-P3T_RAA

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home