12.30.2005

melacholy bagpipes

Drove 12 1/2 hours by myself yesterday, ok Langston was with me, but he didn't do any driving. Let's review, the left hand lane is for passing not dawdling, you pass someone then you move into another lane. I literally became one of those maniacs that pass on the right out of necessity. Upon arriving in Northampton went to the candy store for adults and bought: Ipswich mix pack, Anderson Valley Winter Soltice, Brooklyn Monster Ale, and Anchor Steam Xmas Ale. This should last me for the next few months.

Purple Rain is a near flawless album. I listened to it several times when traveling to and from. During baseball games they will often play an intro from a song just before the batter steps into the box. Which song would you pick for your at bat intro? Initially I thought it'd be Sebadoh's License to Confuse, but now it may be When Doves Cry. Also Sebadoh's Cliche from Bubble and Scrape received repeat listenings.

Reading binge: Corbett's Columbus Square Journal, more Collected Ted, more Proust v.1, Greer's Guided By Voices: A Brief History, Samperi's The Prefiguration, Coletti's Physical Kind, Johnson's Rad ios, Bouchard's Some Mountains Removed, Lyons' Rhyme the Lake, Leeman's Cy Twombly, and Tieger's Anxiety Chant. Not enough women writers in that mix. And you might have noticed that there aren't any woman in the F&F Press mix just yet, I'm trying to address this inequity.

Just order From a Compound Eye, Bob Pollard's first post GBV album, due out in January. You can order it online from Merge Records.

A nice note from Josh Corey on Coltsfoot Insularity. I emailing this so I can't include the link, ugh.

What's to become of my beloved Sox? They missed out on Millwood and the Blue Jays picked up a bopper.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home