10.07.2005

stolen

From Mark
1. Alias First name?Jeff. Everyone thinks I have a lisp when I first tell them my name.
2. Were you named after anyone?Both my grandfathers: first name, middle name
3. Do you wish on stars?Well maybe the moon more so than the stars. The moon and me are tight.
4. When did you last cry?Yesterday listening to "A Drive", "You were frail like a skeleton, all you needed from me was a greater pain to soak you up." Or something like that. Nice use of one of my favorite lines from James Tate, and just the song in general is a beautiful snapshot of parallel private hells.
5. What is your favorite lunchmeat?Turkey.
6. What is your birth date?April 25th 1867.
7. What's your most embarrassing CD?I'm going to extend this to my record collection. Robin Gibbs' solo album Robin's Reign. Probably the worst album ever recorded, how anyone was ever convinced that he was the genius of the Bee Gees can't be fathomed. It is a sum of parts. People forget the early Bee Gees is really great, "To Love Somebody" is a remarkable song as is "Massachusetts".
8. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?Why not?.
9. Do you use sarcasm a lot?I think so, but I can't say for sure.
10. What are your nicknames?Chester. Dunkin' Mynes (I've got mad ups and skills on the b-ball court)
11. Would you bungee jump?Yes. Maybe.
12. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?No.
13. Do you think that you are strong?Smelling.
14. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?Mudpie.
15. Shoe Size?9.
16. Red or pink?Red.
17. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?Where do I start?
18. Who do you miss most?Pedro Martinez circa 1998.
19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?Black and black.
20. What are you listening to right now?Someone talking.
21. What did you eat for breakfast?Bagel sandwich.
22.If you were a crayon, what color would you be?Orange.
23. What is the weather like right now?Overcast.
24. Last person you talked to on the phone?Bill Hewitt.
25. The first things you notice about the opposite sex?Eyes, then lips.
26. Do you like the person who sent this to you?It was pilfered, not sent (see above) and yes I like Mark.
27. Favorite Drink?Oatmeal Stout.
28. Hair Color?Black when it is there.
29. Do you wear contacts?Sometimes.
30. Favorite Food?All Indian food. Ribs. Collards. Buckwheat. Ice cream. Popcorn. Etc. etc.
31. Last Movie You Watched?Rififi. Thanks for the recommend Jon.
32. Favorite Day Of The Year?Halloween.
33. Scary Movies Or Happy Endings?Neither. Film Noir.
34. Summer Or Winter?Fall.
35. Hugs or Kisses?Kisses, there is nothing better, nothing more intimate. Hugs are nice enough.
36. What Is Your Favorite Dessert?Whatever is in front of me: lemon squares, coconut cream pie, eclairs...really I'm easy.
37.Living Arrangements?I live in a flat roofed hunter's cabin with a dog and cat and whatever the cat brings me.
38. What Books Are You Reading? A Tall, Serious Girl. Bunting's Collected. Proust. Kate Greenstreet's Learning the Language. All Stars, edited by Tom Clark. Etc. etc.
39. What's On Your Mouse Pad?I have no mouse.
40. What Did You Watch Last Night on TV?Nothing.
41. Favorite Smells?Garlic, fresh cut brassica, basil, oregano, wet dog, pine, sage, curry, etc.
42. Favorite junk food?I have an embarrassing lust for combos on occasion. Otherwise I'm pretty good. Although I always go for a sausage sandwich with peppers and onions when at a ballgame.
43. Rolling Stones or Beatles?Beatles by far. Some Stones is ok, but I love the Beatles. There is some awful mostly later songs (Paul), but Rubber Soul and Hard Days Night can give me goose bumps.
44. What's the farthest you've been from home?My home travels with me, I am my home. I'm a turtle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home