8.11.2005

update

Recent return from NC. A little red wine and now I'm talking to you.
  • Thanks to Aaron for Archie sitting and for the five pack of poems, "in presence/of a well dressed cat".
  • Bounty in the mailbox: Richard Lopez The Grapevine & audio of a reading and Issue #1 of Wherever We Put Our Hats. Yeah!
  • Thanks to Le Tigre for getting me through a traffic jam outside of D.C. My take=Cassavetes is uneven.
  • Local newspaper interview in my inbox, at least I didn't have to see the photo. Oy.
  • Lots of reading time: Armantrout, CARVE 6 (review forthcoming), Zukofksy (again & again), Stevens (again & again), Alan Davies, Tolling Elves, & Michael Carr's as yet untitled manuscript.
  • Baths.
  • Vollis Simpson's place. Learned about this from Jonathan Williams' A Palpable Elysium. Wow, pictures forthcoming. Williams' directions leave something to be desired and his recommended bbq establishment Parker's was disappointing. Perhaps my bbq tastes are too Yankee, but the chopped pork, Brunswick stew, and string beans were mediocre.
  • Meat, meat, meat. A new wing was opened in my colon to accomodate the influx of meat. 2 lbs gained, back to fightin' weight ASAP.
  • Langston is the ideal travel dog.
  • Fewer & Further Press projects, stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home