6.26.2005

Readings Reports: Amherst and Beantown

Lori Lubeski read at both Amherst and Boston. Jordan has asked, "why are there not more collections of Lori Lubeski's work?" and Katalanche Press has done something to address this need. There is talk that a Carve Edition is in the works as well. Personal favorites from her readings came from this collaboration. Noah commented that Lori's reading style was incantatory.

Travis Nichols read his entire Katalanche publication, I'm Trying to Be a Good Horse as well as a longer prose piece, whose sections began with the address, Dear Luddy (sp?). It was the first time he had read this piece in public. It was very good and I look forward to reading this in the future.

Dorothea Lasky read from her recent Anchorite Press publication, Alphabets and Portraits which is remarkable. I'd read some of Lasky's work in American Weddings and elsewhere but this was the first time I'd heard her read. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for her forthcoming Braincase. She also generously supplied me with print outs of the poems she read, which I will be reading as soon as I'm done with this post.

I read a hunk from In(ex)teriors, recently published by Anchorite Press, as well as some shorter poems. Drop me a line if you are interested in reading In(ex) and I'll send one along. Think barter.

Special thanks to Aaron Tieger who made the long-ass drive from Ithaca to make the reading. Also to Michael Carr for setting up the reading and allowing me to peruse his stacks (kindling my book lust). And to Chris Rizzo for all his work on In(ex) and for putting me up for the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home